Dear Katie,
,
A little over 15 years ago the phone rang to let us know that you were on your way. All four of us jumped in the car in Austin and drove to San Antonio to meet you. We were all excited and anxious to meet the newest member of the family. When we arrived at the hospital, we waited and waited to get an opportunity to see you. The first moment I saw you you were in your momma's arms and her eyes were full of tears as she held you and kissed you. Your dad was right by her side hugging both your mom and you. I truly don't think there was a more special day to them, one other than their wedding day. Your parents had waited for years to bring you into their lives. They had prepared, prayed, and longed for a special little girl like you.
Over the years, our love for you grew deeper and deeper. You loved spending time with Pa and having him read stories to you and you loved shopping with Oma. You loved being with all of your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and they treasured you.
A lot has happened since then, dear Katie. You have grown up to be a beautiful young lady. You have had many beautiful things happen, but also some tough things. You have lost your daddy at way too young of an age.
When your dad looked at you for the first time he had all kinds of dreams for you. He wanted you to have the very best and for you to know that you were deeply loved. He wanted you to have a promising and happy life and he wanted you to feel and know the love God has for you. Even though you can't be with him, none of that has changed.
Just as you long for your dad, your mom longs for her husband. I am so glad you have each other, because no one understands more than each of you.
Over the years we have had a lot of laughs together, Katie. Of course one of the best ones was when I got ants in my pants at your house and I had to borrow a towel to go home. I know you loved that one!
In all the pains of live and all of the laughter, we always have each other. We can share life together, pray together, and lift one another up when the other falls. I love you with all my heart, but more importantly, God loves you with a love far deeper than any of ours. God created you with a beautiful design and an incredible plan. Keep your eyes on God. Truly, He is there to walk with you every step of the way.
With all my love,
Aunt Deana
When your dad looked at you for the first time he had all kinds of dreams for you. He wanted you to have the very best and for you to know that you were deeply loved. He wanted you to have a promising and happy life and he wanted you to feel and know the love God has for you. Even though you can't be with him, none of that has changed.
Just as you long for your dad, your mom longs for her husband. I am so glad you have each other, because no one understands more than each of you.
Over the years we have had a lot of laughs together, Katie. Of course one of the best ones was when I got ants in my pants at your house and I had to borrow a towel to go home. I know you loved that one!
In all the pains of live and all of the laughter, we always have each other. We can share life together, pray together, and lift one another up when the other falls. I love you with all my heart, but more importantly, God loves you with a love far deeper than any of ours. God created you with a beautiful design and an incredible plan. Keep your eyes on God. Truly, He is there to walk with you every step of the way.
With all my love,
Aunt Deana
,
No comments:
Post a Comment